Spreading Knowledge

Spreading knowledge amongst the women of the world.




Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Tribute Post: Hayden Williams

We've probably all seen many of a particular designer/illustrator's drawings. I'm talking about Hayden Williams, British designer/illustrator. Recently, I asked if I could do a story about him for the blog. What luck, huh?! He said yes, and here is our interview. Included are fashion inspired outfits by some of his designs!

~1. What inspired you to start drawing as a young child? As a child, I was influenced by Disney movies that I watched. I found the animated female characters, and the way Walt Disney portrayed Women very inspiring to draw. I had no idea back then that what I was drawing could translate to fashion and design. It was something I just loved to do and naturally progressed!

~2. During that time, did you feel drawing was your way of expressing yourself? Certainly! I was known as the artistic child in my family and it was definitely a way for me to express myself! Having a creative outlet at such a young age was certainly unique. It was something that came very naturally and I am proud to say that I am self taught! 

~3. What is typically your inspiration? Women are my inspiration! I love drawing women and designing for women! The aim is to make a woman look timeless and beautiful. I love looking back at vintage fashion images from the 50's and 60's because women always dressed so feminine and classy. I take inspiration from that and bring it into the modern day! 

~4. Who is your role model? I don't really have a role model, but I do have inspirations! I'm inspired by designers and artists who like to portray women in a way that i love. I count Jason Wu, Robert Best, Elie Saab, David Downton, & Rene Gruau as my influences. They all have a timeless style that I really relate to! 

~5. In your designs, do you typically stick with vivid colors or a mix of contrast and shades? I think I am probably known most for my work being quite vivid and bright, but I do like to switch it up now and again too! It all depends on the season I design/sketch for also. Also depends on the inspiration.

~6. If you could live anywhere in Asia, Europe, or South America, which country would you find the most inspiration? To be honest, I haven't travelled much, but I would love to visit everywhere!!! I think you can find inspiration from all over the world and sometimes in the most unexpected places too! London is my home, but I definitely see myself travelling a lot and becoming even more inspired. I'm working hard to make sure my dreams become a reality so that I can achieve everything that I set out to achieve in the near future.

Hayden provided some of his designs of his latest collection, Cocktail Couture. Sadly, I wasn't able to provide outfits for each design. However, his designs have inspired me to work more on my own designs, so I added some of my own illustrations. Hayden Williams has truly been the inspiration and role model I need for pursuing my dreams. So my advice: find that someone and be inspired. Thanks for viewing!
Perhaps they're my best designs I have drawn. I want to say thanks to Hayden Williams, one of my inspiring role models, and more designs will be coming soon. Thanks Hayden!~ReneA P.







Also to include are three more designs. Hayden said I could use more if I like. He is most know for the designs Rihanna and the Kardashians. Of course I searched the blog for a few more to add. Hope you're as awe-stricken as I am!

Très Chic

Photo Credit; Top; Skirt; Shoes; Belt; Bangle; Clutch; Hat
I liked this design because it was classy and chic. Here I have a stripe top paired with a pink pencil skirt. Also included are the floppy, felt hat, a gold bangle, black strappy heels, and a black, suede clutch. And of course, Hayden Williams specialized belts aren't in stores yet (though I would gladly buy three!) I found a gold belt with a gold disk buckle. Ready for that cruise now!

 

Lana Del Rey

Photo Credit; Dress; Necklace; Shoes; Bracelet

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I heard about Lana Del Rey while searching through iTunes a few mouths back. Her single, "Born to Die," was free so I bought it and loved her vocals. When I saw this design, I just knew I could find something to match. Here I have a yellow, floral dress with a beaded bracelet, beaded, layered necklace, and yellow heels. So darlin!

 

Rihanna: Talk That Talk tour idea sketches

Photo Credit

 

 

View the post here

Remember my post about my favorite summer tunes? I found these designs for Rihanna's Talk That Talk tour, and since I already had an outfit created, no need to be redundant. Of course, the outfit, like the designs, are for the song "Talk That Talk," where I imagined Rihanna in denim, studs, and rhinestones to give off her bad girl personal.














Well, that's all for now. Thank you Hayden Williams for the designs and interview. Thank you my lovelee readers for viewing this post. And remember: don't hesitate to follow your dreams. Find that special someone you look up to and let them be your motivation.  Talk to ya'll lata!
~~ReneA P.

View Hayden Williams blog and be amazed by all his great designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment