Spreading Knowledge

Spreading knowledge amongst the women of the world.




Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day





"Laethanta Saoire shona duit léitheoirí álainn!"
   --That means "Happy Holidays to you lovely readers" in Irish.

I loved St. Patrick's Day for a very long time. I used to think that it was a simple holiday where you wear green to avoid getting pinched and search for the hidden pot of gold by the Leprechauns. Surely as I got older, I knew all of this was not the real reason for St. Patrick's Day (though I can still find that pot of gold!)

However, I decided to asked a good friend of mine, who is Irish, and learn about the real reason why we celebrate St. Patrick's Day:
It is a catholic holiday that is particularly celebrated in Ireland because [Saint Patrick] is said to have been the saint that "brought" Catholicism to Ireland. His day is celebrated first in church to acknowledge his actions and goodness, and then, you know, the Irish always like an excuse to party, so they celebrate that evening. In America, people generally use the day as an excuse to celebrate drinking and Irish influences :). 
I'm so exited because my friends and I are celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a bonfire and Irish cooking. I've never had Irish food before, so I can't wait to try it.
So I developed a few potential outfits for those of you that are taking the time to celebrate today!

Simple, Gorgeous, Green!
Top, Bottom, Necklace, Bag, Shoes

No need to overdo it today. Get up, dress simple and clean, but prepare for the evening later on!

Back In the Good ole days...
Dress, Bag, Shoes, Bangles, Necklace
 There's nothing wrong with a little vintage on St. Paddy's Day!

Searching for the Pot of Gold
Cape, Capri's, Boots, Bangles

The weather can be a little iffy during the month of March. Be prepared! Plus, this outfit reminds me a little of The Hunger Games.

Pinch Me...I dare you! 
Dress, Shoes, Ring




















There's nothing wrong with being a little naughty today.

No comments:

Post a Comment