Spreading Knowledge

Spreading knowledge amongst the women of the world.




Sunday, June 12, 2011

Trip to New York, Day 1, Thursday

I gotta tell ya! It has been a long time since I got on a plane. So long, I vaguely remember the flight. But now my memory is much better--plus why would I forget this amazing adventure of mine?

Anyways, as my mother and I boarded the plane, excitement was running through my veins because I was going to New York! I didn't sleep a wink the night before! I learned that the airplane had satellite radio, so I tuned into Radio Disney (Happy 15th Birthday!) and Allstar Weekend "Not Your Birthday" started playing (fave song!) Then, as we were taking off, Taio Cruz "Higher" was playing. How ironic?!

Anyways, when we landed and got to the hotel, what did we do first? Well we visited the FIT Museum (unfortunately we couldn't take photos). The walk was long and hot! But the museum was great, plus I had a chance to see how the fashion was back then. Next we took a tour of Parsons (my dream school.)

 Afterwards my mom and I had to get ready for the Black Eyed Peas concert. We did a little shopping to find clothes that were cute. However, as some of you may have known, the concert had to cancel because of the storm. But that didn't stop me and my mom. We took a walk around Times Square and ate at Bubba Gump (named after Forest Gump.)

The food was great! And after all that walking up and down Times Square and Broadway, my mom and I headed back to the hotel and crashed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment